This is a super simple and tasty recipe for banana pancakes, and they only take 20 minutes to make. Perfect for breakfast, or as a snack. The kids love them too.
They are also much healthier than other pancakes, with no added sugar, gluten free and made of only natural ingredients. Just the way we want it.
What you need
- 2 large (or 3 medium) lightly beaten eggs.
- 6 tablespoons (1oz) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for the skillet
1. Mash the bananas well with a fork i a bowl. Add the eggs and the coconut. Use a hand whisk to whisk everything together until as smooth as possible. It should be more or less one uniform mixture.
2. With your fingers, spread a thin layer of coconut oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) on the bottom of a large, 12-inch skillet. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a frying pan). Heat over medium heat –3 to 4 minutes.
3. Measuring 1/4-cup per pancake, pour batter onto three spots on the skillet. Fry 3 minutes on the first side or until set and golden. Flip and fry 2 more minutes on the second side.
4. Repeat the process, depending on how hungry you (or your friends) are.1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, and 3 more pancakes.
Serve immediately, with or without berries and warm maple syrup.
To get more healthy recipes and the latest weight loss tips sign up to my newsletter here.
– Erin B